Dallas Back Pain
When you are suffering from any type of pain, one of the first things that you are likely to try is treating the pain at home. Although there may be times in which some minor aches and pains can be treated with over-the-counter medications, bed rest and an ice pack, there are also going to be times when it is best if you call a medical professional. That is especially true when it comes to back pain, because it may be more than just a minor issue.
The spine is an amazing part of the human body. It consists of a number of bones, known as vertebrae that are connected with tendons and ligaments. In between each of the vertebrae is a small pocket of jellylike material that is known as the intervertebral discs. It acts as a type of shock absorber, not only allowing the vertebrae to work without coming in contact with each other but it also permits the free range of movement that you can enjoy. Unfortunately, there are a number of problems that can occur with the spine because it is such a delicate and intricate part of the human body.
If you are wondering if you should be calling a medical professional because of the spine pain you are experiencing, it is always best to consult with a physician. The professionals at The Neuro & Spine Wellness Center are available to speak to you about your problem, provided accurate diagnosis and to help you to get back on your feet again. We offer a number of treatment options to those in the Dallas area and can certainly help you, not only to feel better but to understand why you are feeling bad in the first place so you can avoid the problem in the future if possible.
As a general rule of thumb, it is always beneficial to call a medical professional if you are in doubt about the problem you are experiencing. That is especially true if there any type of neurological symptoms that are involved or if over-the-counter pain medications are unable to control the problem. There are also other times when it is best to see a spine pain doctor, including the following:
- If you have pain that follows an accident, including a slip and fall accident or being in an automobile accident, a medical professional should be consulted.
- If you have pain that consistently is a problem for more than two weeks, you should consider calling a doctor. If the pain continues for 4 to 6 weeks, it is important that you contact the doctor as soon as possible.
- When you have spine pain and it continues to get worse over the course of time or if you try a few remedies, such as ice, rest or pain relievers unsuccessfully, a physician should be called.
- If your back pain gets worse at night and if it wakes you up from a deep sleep, it may be a sign that a more serious problem exists. That is also true if there is abdominal pain or if there is numbness or tingling that is felt in the groin area, hips or genital area.
- When you have any type of unexplained fever or if you are having problems urinating or passing a bowel movement and it is associated with your back pain, it may also be a symptom of a more serious issue that should be discussed with a physician.
Dallas Back Pain Options
You have many different options when it comes to choosing a physician in the Dallas area. The Neuro & Spine Wellness Center is a choice that many people make, not only because of our professionalism but because we treat our patients as individuals. We are willing to discuss the problem with you on a one-on-one basis, talking about the various problems that could have led to the spine pain that you are now experiencing. This may include reviewing any diagnostic tests that were done, such as MRIs or x-rays.
We want to ensure that you get the most accurate diagnosis that is possible so that the proper treatment can be given. Our office is conveniently located for those in the Dallas Metroplex, so you can visit us to set up an appointment or contact us for more information. We offer the professional services that you need to get back on your feet again and we are ready to help you to feel better.